Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I do believe, Ms. Spellings. Let me count the ways... - Topeka K-12 | Examiner.com

I do believe, Ms. Spellings. Let me count the ways... - Topeka K-12 | Examiner.com:

I do believe, Ms. Spellings. Let me count the ways...


Former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings recently published an essay titled “We Aren’t Serious.” Spellings calls our nation’s public school teachers “non-believers.” The non-believers, she claims, don’t believe poor and minority kids can learn. Further, she accuses our nation’s teachers of being the single biggest obstacle to student’s success.

Ms. Spellings, your shameless attempt to slander and discredit the nation’s teachers will not stand. We aren’t “non-believers.” I do believe, Ms. Spellings. Let me count the ways.

You say we must call out those who “shamelessly believe