Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Tech Connect: Tune In Wednesday... And More....

School Tech Connect: Tune In Wednesday... And More....

Tune In Wednesday... And More....

I'm far too old and crabby to go on blogging late every evening. If I'm not in bed by nine, there's hell to pay at five in the morning. Three things:

1. @TFTeacher is going to be talking to Stephen Krashen Wednesday at 3:30 (Eastern? I forget) on BTR. Follow the link and listen on your computer thingy. Krashen is one of the smartest, funniest guys in academia, and he's also been out of the tower and in the trenches, fighting the good fight for over 100 years. Ok, I exaggerated the time frame. I'm going to steal the interview and embed it here for those of you can't make it in the middle of the day. That way I can basically claim the glory of the interview for myself.

The thing I like about Krashen is that he's articulate on the impact of poverty, the importance of libraries, and real take-aways from PISA and TIMSS, which everyone is always tut-tutting over. Arne Duncan has never once,