Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 20, 2011

On the Back Burner: I've Been Conned!!

On the Back Burner: I've Been Conned!!

I've Been Conned!!

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

—The Who

I suppose that I had it coming. In the virtual world of Gmail, Facebook and Twitter, there is no shrieking siren or a flashing red light to alert folks that they’re about to fall into a pit of vipers. Lulled into a false sense of security, I’ve settled into a daily routine of skimming quickly through my e-mail for worthy petitions, calls to action, and clicks to support worthy and benignly apolitical causes (think “kittens and puppies”). I’m a regular atChange.org, and at the GreaterGood Network. Looking over these two sites, I think you’ll