Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daily Kos: Apologies

Daily Kos: Apologies

Apologies

there are many terrific diaries here the past few days, and now. There is thoughtful commentary, some of it in response to diaries that perhaps are not that well crafted, but were sufficiently cogent to provoke a thoughtful response.

I wish I could read them.

I cannot.

It is not just that I am tired from my time volunteering in Wise, about which this year I wrote only one diary.

It is also that this week is the Save Our Schools March and National Call to Action. As some know, I am on the executive committee. I will be picking people up at airports. There is a film festival starting tomorrow evening (and click on my user name to find the diary about that). I need to ask people to come prepared for extreme heat - it could be 99 degrees next Saturday when we gather at the Ellipse. I will be asking for support, sharing the thoughts of others, asking for money - the extreme heat will mean we need to spend money to make sure w