Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Democurmudgeon: Have we Forgotten Segregation? Yes.

Democurmudgeon: Have we Forgotten Segregation? Yes.

Have we Forgotten Segregation? Yes.

In the following question posed online at the Capital Times, not one respondent recoiled in horror over SEGREGATING minority students into “their own school.” I mean, just look at the question!!!

Quick Question: Should Madison public schools establish a charter school primarily for minority male students?

"There’s no guarantee it would succeed, but it may be beneficial to these youths and it’s definitely worth trying.”

“I think it’s needed, but it will only work if we have teachers that look
like the students."

“I think that would be a great idea. I think minority males would do better in a school made for them, they would stay in school and go on and graduate.”

"I think it’s not really needed. Instead of taking the money and setting up a charter school, they