Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 25, 2010

“Where I Stand” (Maria) « Failing Schools

“Where I Stand” (Maria) « Failing Schools

“Where I Stand” (Maria)

NOVEMBER 25, 2010
by mariasallee

Here is my long-delayed, wordy response to September’s survey. As today is Thanksgiving, I express my thanks for the educational opportunities I have had in my life.

“Where I Stand” (A School Reform Survey)

Name & role: Maria, bilingual early educator, advocate for families.

What “reform” means to me, and why I think it’s important: When I use the word reform, I am thinking about systems that need to be adjusted thoughtfully and with great purpose. We need to better align our resources regarding the public school system to ensure that all children (and families) have access to quality public education in order to engage them as