Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday coffeee. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffeee. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffeee.

I’m exhausted.

This Thanksgiving week stuff is great, but today is some much-needed down-time. Maybe I’ll take Ulysses over to the park for a run. After all, the temperature is up from the mid-20s yesterday. And he needs to let loose.

In the mean while, I’m sitting here at the counter with my second cup of Italian roast. I poached an egg and dropped it on some re-heated corn bread stuffing with some Cholula sauce. Then I opened up the paper and to read about the soap opera that Cathie Black has become.

Cathie Black and mayoral control.

Anyone who can refrain from laughing when the next person in power talks about doing what’s “best for the kids” following the Cathie Black episode deserves a medal.

The battle over NY Mayor Bloomberg’s appointment of the clueless Hearst executive to the post of Chancellor of the city’s schools, her rejection by his hand-picked panel and the cave-in by NY state commissioner David

Old school.

Ry Cooder.