Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 30, 2010

“Where I Stand” (Sabrina) � Failing Schools

“Where I Stand” (Sabrina) � Failing Schools

“Where I Stand” (Sabrina)

SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
by Sabrina

“Where I Stand” (A School Reform Survey)

Name & role: Sabrina, 4th/5th grade teacher & community activist

What “reform” means to me, and why I think it’s important: I think reform should be an ongoing process of making sure what’s happening in schools matches our ideals (fairness, justice) and helps students be productive members of society. I think it’s important to understand how our school system works, and build on what works well, instead of assuming that it is wholly “broken”. Almost all of us attend public schools, so what goes on in schools is very important.

Where I Stand on…