Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 2, 2010

School Tech Connect: Call Now To Keep Teachers Working

School Tech Connect: Call Now To Keep Teachers Working

Call Now To Keep Teachers Working

It's not too late to weigh in on the education jobs bill that's in the senate. They're going to vote tonight, so call, particularly if you are represented by a Republican senator.

Here's an NEA-sponsored number that helps you connect to your senator. It gives you a little coaching first.


1-866-608-6355

The job you save may be your own. It doesn't actually matter: kids all over the country need more teachers and smaller classes. Call right now.

If you've never called your senator, it couldn't be any easier. Here's a recording of me calling Senator Burris (D-IL). I clipped the parts where the senator's staffer was talking; the whole call lasted about 20 seconds.



I would have been a little less cheerful if my senator were a Republican because most Republicans are going to vote against this bill.

Call Now!

*I am not affiliated with or a member of the NEA.If I were still a teacher, I would be.