Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Free Technology for Teachers: Shmoop - Making Learning Digestible

Free Technology for Teachers
FREE RESOURCES AND LESSON PLANS FOR TEACHING WITH TECHNOLOGY
Free Technology for Teachers: Shmoop - Making Learning Digestible

Shmoop - Making Learning Digestible

At ISTE 2010 I had the opportunity to meet with Ellen Siminoff, President and CEO of Shmoop. Shmoop, as I've mentioned before, is a provider of free and fee-based learning guides for Literature, Civics, US History, Music, Biographies, and recently added Economics learning guides.

Prior to my meeting with Siminoff I was already a fan of Shmoop as evident by the fact that I link to it from my classroom blog. After my meeting with Siminoff I was convinced that Shmoop has some good ideas about designing learning guides for students. Shmoop's primary goals, according to Siminoff is to make learning as digestible and as mobile as possible. To that end Shmoop designs all of their learning guides to be consumed in chunks rather than in one sitting. Shmoop has also made their learning guides